Government "Tell Us Once" Service
Tell Us Once is a government service that allows people to report a death to a number of government departments in one go. The service is provided by most local authorities on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
What does it cover?
The Tell Us Once service covers the following departments:
– HM Revenue and Customs: tax and benefits
– Department for Work and Pensions: benefits such as income support
– Public sector / armed forces pension schemes: pension payments
– Passport Office: British passports
– Local council: Housing benefit, council tax benefit, blue badge, removal from electoral register and informing council housing services
– Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency: driving license